Friday, October 22, 2010

Hello and Welcome!

What? You want more? I already welcomed you in the title!

Ok, ok. Thank you taking some time out of your oh-so-busy (I'm assuming) internet perusing schedule to read another new blog. Or, thank you for pausing long enough to have read this far while you were cycling through what the "next blog" button had to offer. Really, I do feel kind of honored.

But let's cut to the chase, shall we? You're probably asking yourself "Hmm, what does this blog have to offer that my current list of reading material doesn't?" And my answer is a profound: 0.o what are you asking me for?

But here's what I offer: A little bit of everything. Yeah, vague. That's how I roll. Seriously, though, while I'm known to dabble in most if not all things nerdy in this world (yeah that's right, I'm talking sci-fi, fantasy, comic book, internet, cinema, theater, anime, music, video game, literary, science, math, and general academia nerd-dom), I've learned over the years that I just spread my interests too thin. So while I have a deep appreciation for all the aforementioned things, I can name at least one individual for each category who can easily out-nerd me, no contest.

Then I said to myself, "Self, what if you just told that percentage of the population who cares to listen about the average amounts you know of every category you dabble in, rather than trying to find a way to claim some expertise in just one category?" And then I refrained from talking back to myself, because they say that answering those voices in your head leads to, or is a sign of, insanity.

AND THUS "D) All of the Above" WAS BORN *cue all the proper epic thematic elements*

*ahem* So yeah. And now you're reading it. Presumably. And if you continue reading it, I'll provide for you regular increments of, well, everything. (and by "regular increments," I'm thinking daily for now, just to give those potential readers something to potentially read, and then adjusting as I and my grad student life see fit). Because not everybody knows everything about something, but a lot of people know something about a lot of things. Ok, yeah, that was totally campy, but you get my drift. Basically, there can only be one biggest fan of something, and who can they relate to in the end? Just themselves; it's lonely at the top. I'm here to represent the rest of the fan base, the people who get most of the jokes and have seen or read most of the blahs and spinoff blahs, but are also a little proud of the fact that there's always someone nerdier out there. Or maybe that's just me. Either way, should be fun!

So, that said, I'll just end today's post with a POP QUIZ! (oh geez, relax, this isn't your pre-finals nightmare, just my sad attempt at wit, sheesh). Ready? Here we go!

You can check back regularly for various posts about:
A) Movies/Tv
B) Music
C) Everything else I listed that isn't movies, tv, or music
D) All of the Above

Pencils down, time's up! Let's see how you did; If you guessed A, B, or C...well you're right on a technicality because the right answer does indeed include A, B, and C and yet is still always marked wrong on a scantron. Now how's that for irony...or oxymoron....or something. Anyway, big surprise, the answer's D) All of the Above (badum psshh)

So look for the next post. It'll have actual stuff as opposed to a crazy long introduction. Unless you prefer such intro-related things, in which case I can no longer help. Buh-bye.

Stats professor one day in class: "I've ALWAYS got my nerd on!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment