Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Florence+The Machine

I figured it's high time to start providing some of that "everything" I keep claiming there's a little bit of. So today I want to share the musical wonder of Florence + the Machine.


The chick with the lungs is Florence, and boy has she got a set of lungs. By which I mean power. As in, she belts out her songs that make you want to sing along (whether or not you can...or should). As for the Machine (everything that's not Florence, which is sometimes just a keyboard played by Florence), they always provide infectious songs that make it hard to sit still, which can be somewhat comical on a crowded bus, I assure you. They are a fairly new group to the US (thank you for sharing with us, England!), but did win a VMA for the video to "Dog Days" earlier this year.



Do I understand it? Heck no, but it's still fun to watch. My favorite is the random little girl with the drum and then the glittery explosions. Because nothing can go wrong with a glittery explosion  : D Also, If you watch the USA show Covert Affairs, then YES, this song accompanied Annie's skydiving in the first episode. I'm told it was also in Eat, Pray, Love, but I have yet to see it so don't take my word for it.

But seriously, this isn't even the best song. There's also "Cosmic Love," and yes, it was also featured on Covert Affairs, which can only make it more awesome.



Listen to it one more time, and I dare you to not think about it for the rest of the day. Finally, there is "Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up)," which I particularly like because it just has some really cool imagery about being a newcomer in the music industry


There is an official music video, which I suggest you watch, but embedding was disabled by request, so whatever.

Basically every song on her album ("Lungs") is amazing, and Florence writes them all herself (except for "Girl With One Eye," that was a cover), and usually while drunk (no, seriously). So anyway, that's Florence, and if you don't love it on some level, you must be missing a few soul chunks. Stay tuned for more average nerdiness!

-Romeo and Juliet
"A glorified cliche" [yeah, just like The Matrix overuses all those Matrix cliches....wait...]


"a very predictable story" [were you expecting some secret twist that the millions of school plays and reproductions left out?]


"This is probably the most cliche novel ever written. It's boring as well and isn't even in English. Fail!" [oh dear lord, I hope that one was a troll]

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard Kiss with a Fist? I love that song so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh of course, I've definitely memorized the entire album by now :D I wasn't sure if that one would scare anybody away, as it is a little odd, but still great

    ReplyDelete