Saturday, November 6, 2010

Guess Who's Back!

Me...it's me, I'm back.

It's been a while (a little over a week is like 5 years in internet time, studies have been done to prove it, so I'm sorry for making you wait 5 years). It turns out that the Graduate School Beast is a jealous creature, and doesn't appreciate being ignored for a long weekend. So this week has been a maddening attempt to appease it. I barely made it out with all my limbs, but doggonit, I'll update this blog! And by the way, I believe that now D) All of the Above is going to be updated weekly, to avoid any further run ins with the Grad School Beast.

Anywho, this week's post is going to rave on and on about the wonders of a fantastic show on USA Network known as Psych!

Fake Psychic. Real Detectives.

If for some reason you are unfamiliar with this show, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??? WATCH IT! WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!!

*ahem*

The basic premise is that Sean Spencer, played by James Roday, convinces the Santa Barbara Police Department that he can quickly solve cases due to his psychic powers, all with the help of his best friend and reluctant partner in crime-solving Berton "Gus" Guster, played by Dule Hill. So every week Sean and Gus have wacky crime-solving adventures, make pop culture references, hide a pineapple somewhere in the show, and pretend to be psychic. 

Why do I bring this up now? Partially because new episodes are coming back on November 10th, which is good, because my Wednesday nights have been woefully Psych-less lately. But mostly because earlier this week, I learned why it can rock to go to a huge school. USA randomly decided to do a Psych College Tour, where they picked ten colleges that get to have an advanced screening of the new episode. Guess which school was picked for last Monday night? That's right, mine! 

I won't ruin the new episode for anybody waiting to see it Wednesday night, but I will tell you that it was pretty much awesome. Also, if you remember the episode that Cary Elwes guest starred in, but you could hardly recognize him as the same dude who played Princess Bride's Westley or Robin Hood: Men in Tights because he had let himself go so much, he got so much back in shape. But that's all I'm gonna say. 

But as if that wasn't enough, who surprises us with a personal appearance but James Roday and Dule Hill themselves! Don't believe me? 

BAM! The fuzzy quality proves that I took the picture from a decent yet still too far away seat

So they gave away pineapple pillows, answered various questions from the audience (Dule Hill had auditioned  for a role on House, but we're all glad he didn't get it because then he wouldn't be Gus! And James Roday actually wrote or helped write most of the upcoming episodes, including the season finale), Dule tap danced, and they let a few crazed girl fans give them hugs (no, I wasn't one of them; yes, I'm insanely jealous). 

So, that's all I got for now. The Beast is stirring, and homework is calling. So tune in next week for some more average nerdiness!

*talking about how great filming in Canada is* Roday: Plus, it's Vancouver! So there's, like, weed everywhere!
And here I had been thinking he seemed tired...or sick...or high

3 comments:

  1. Ashley wants to know why you didn't touch them for us. I for one agree. WHY?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch this, but nothing gets in the way of Ugly Americans, kid. Nothing.

    So I must get OnDemand. I must.

    Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan (and Ashley): Oh, trust me, I am just as upset about that fact as you are. To make up for it, there are about three more pictures on my camera for every picture I put on facebook, if you need more lol

    Simon: I dunno, I've seen Ugly Americans, but to each his own, I guess. So yes, you MUST get OnDemand! or Netflix, they've been releasing the seasons on the insta-netflix thing!

    ReplyDelete