Monday, May 16, 2011

Hey, Look!

I'm back and stuff! It was a long and brutal battle with the Graduate School Beast, but eventually I emerged VICTORIOUS!!!
HUZZAH! And whatnot!
They say that the first year is always the worst, or something, so presumably I come to you today having tamed the Beast, perhaps. We'll see, I suppose.

ANYWAY, I've been trying to think of something wonderfully awesome to give you this week in exchange for being all faithful enough to realize my spontaneous hiatus is over. The only problem with hiatuses of a spontaneous nature, however, is that anything I find on the interwebs has probably been old news for a while. BUT I won't let that stop me from sharing with you my collection of silly things that kept my sanity mostly intact during those dark exam days. And hey, statistically something here should be new to someone* 


*That's not actually true. Statistically, if you read this, you've probably seen these things. But I digress.


Who here recalls the series of Saturday Night Live skits "Celebrity Jeopardy" with as much fondness and amusement as I do? Yeah, that's right, everybody. You can't help but love Will Ferrel's straight man act as Alex Trebek, and Darrel Hammond's antics as Sean Connery. Plus any character Jimmy Fallon brought in because he's just that scary good. And I'm not gonna lie, I just love Norm MacDonald's caricature of Burt Reynolds. Well, thanks to this nifty page on splitsider.com, you too can get the full experience of reliving all 14 skits once more!

As is proper when procrastinating via internet, one link always leads to another. Which is why I can give you this:

Why yes, Steve Martin was indeed playing a banjo that was ON FIRE. My respect for him has gone up.

Then, there were the occasional political ads:

I dunno, he's got my vote....


The best part about this one is that it's made up completely of Icelandic comedians and actors. And is completely serious. And they won. Yeah. "The Best Party" is currently the party in power in this Icelandic town. More about that can be found here, if you don't believe me.

And then there was this thing. Which just goes to show you that literally anything can sound classy when said in a swanky British accent.

Then there was this song that is forever stuck in my head, but I just love it so!

*replays over and over....*

And also this, for which there really just are no words. The guy dressed up like a viking might be my favorite though.

No, I'm pretty sure he's my favorite. Him or the bright socks-wearing, avid Cleveland Browns fan, because you know that at least he's honest!

And last but certainly not least, who among us of the smart phone-less (no, it's true, we exist!) have been fairly jealous of the procrastination provided by one Angry Birds game? *raises hand.* Yeah. I know. Well, be green with envy no longer, because it's now available for free through Google Chrome! *Woo!*

Anyway, that's enough for now. Your regularly scheduled awesome should resume shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment